Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Thursday 19 February 2015

19th Feb 2015: More Goosanders!

The Goosanders are growing in number! There were six today (two drakes), which is the most I have ever seen there and before January 2014 I hadn't ever seen one there. There was quite a lot of aggression, mainly between the drakes but the ducks would also join in if any others got a bit too close!



Two Kingfishers and a Great Spotted Woodpecker were along the river. However, there was not a lot else of note today and I departed fairly quickly before the forecast rain was due.



No comments:

Post a Comment