Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Tuesday 30 June 2015

30th Jun 2015

A beautiful sunny morning during this heatwave with a light breeze making it quite pleasant. The Common Tern is still at the reservoir making regular fishing circuits between perching up on the railings, pontoon or buoys. Five Great Crested Grebes were loafing around the northern end including a well grown juvenile that has flow in from a breeding site somewhere. A Cormorant flew over north west, this being the first one I have seen here in a while.





In the wood I found a White-legged Bumblebee nest that had been dug out by a Badger, but it was very quite bird wise. I was also trying to photograph the Marbled Whites in the Upper Cherwell Valley but they weren't being very cooperative!



No comments:

Post a Comment