Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Monday 2 January 2017

2nd Jan 2017

Happy New Year!

Today was my first chance of the year to visit the patch, so I spent a good couple of hours looking around this morning. Generally, there were no outstanding sightings but I got to a nice round 50 species. I would have gone back this afternoon but decided to go on a wild Waxwing chase instead!

Highlights were a Tufted Duck on the reservoir, Willow and Marsh Tit in the wood and two Yellow-legged Gulls (ad and 3CY) and a Great Black-backed Gull (2CY) in the the Upper Cherwell Valley. There were two birds that I was slightly surprised that I didn't see today, Kingfisher and Moorhen, but Mark was out later and saw a Moorhen. I also received late news from Ian Rowe that he had seen a Kingfisher and a Skylark flying over this morning. So that puts the year list up to 53 species. 

No comments:

Post a Comment