Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Saturday 4 February 2017

04th Feb 2017

Colin and I were out this morning. My main aim was trying to see the Pintail as they would be a patch tick, but they remain unseen by me. However, it was a good morning with some nice birds seen and there is a lot of bird song now as we approach spring.

There were three Goosanders (two drakes) at the reservoir and two Tufted Ducks (a pair). In the wood the the Marsh Tit and two Willow Tits were present, all being fairly vocal. Colin spotted three Sparrowhawk displaying over the wood and I later saw one very well perched in the large Willow in the middle of the wood.

Up the valley there were two Wigeon and thirteen Teal on the flood water pools and a Green Sandpiper flew from the river over to the pools too. Colin picked up a Jay flying over too.

No comments:

Post a Comment