Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Tuesday 12 December 2017

12th Dec 2017

John: I managed to dodge the remnants of the snow today for a short walk around the reservoir, during my lunch break. It was nice to see some different wildfowl for a change with 4 Wigeon sat sleeping on the ice with a group of Mallards.


A vocal Mistle Thrush (a scarce bird here) was along the river, together with a couple of Fieldfare, while a calling Yellowhammer went over heading east.



It was pleasing to see the female Kestrel still in situ near the sailing club. I've watched it catching worms in the last week or so, however today, that was out of the question with the ground covered in frozen snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment