Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 22 March 2019

22nd Mar 2019: Wheatear

John: This morning began with a bit more oomph to the wind and with it coming from the south / south west, I was hopeful of finding something on my walk round. I was in luck, with the year's first Wheatear, a smart male along the East side of the reservoir, loosely associating with a few Pied Wagtail. A look this evening revealed it to be still about, this time on the west side.




Other things noted today, included a single Sand Martin flying around early on and another (or same?) male Little Ringed Plover. There were also several Chiffchaff in song, completing a thoroughly spring feeling to it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment