Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Saturday 16 May 2020

16th May 2020: Egyptian Geese

I was out a bit later today hoping to record some invertebrates as it warmed up. It was a success and I managed to record some of our first damselflies of the year. Although there were very few butterflies around.

Common Blue Damselfly

Beautiful Demoiselle

Banded Demoiselle
As I worked my way back from the river valley to the reservoir I came across two Egyptian Geese in the cattle field. This is the third sighting in a relatively short period of time and I expect they will become even more frequent.


No comments:

Post a Comment