Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Monday 21 December 2020

21st Dec 2020

The headline news from the last few weeks was a Woodcock that John flushed from the path along the river to the north of the woodland on 5th Dec. This takes the year list to 124, which is really good considering the year we've had and restrictions on people visiting etc. I doubt there are many more species to be added to this year's list, but you never know!

Due to some technical issues (my own!) I'm missing some sighting between 22nd Nov and 5th Dec, so please let me know if I've missed anything. However, I think it's generally been fairly consistent throughout the last four weeks. 

There has been fewer large gulls around the U.C.V. and it seems like the Caspians have moved on, but Yellow-legged Gulls have been around in small numbers. On the 9th Dec there was a great count of 53 Tufted Ducks on the Borrow Pit pool, which I think must be a new high for here. A pair of Stonechats are still around the Borrow Pit too.

All photos courtesy and copyright of JFT





No comments:

Post a Comment