Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 26 June 2022

26th Jun 2022

On the 14th there was a Common Sandpiper at the reservoir and a Peregrine flew over and on the 19th Clive had a Common Sandpiper and I had 2 Little Ringed Plovers at the reservoir. Clive also saw the Little Grebes at the Borrow Pit pool have 4 juveniles.

Yesterday a Kingfisher flew down the river and over the road towards Spiceball Park and this morning Clive had a Common Tern at the reservoir. 

Over the last couple of weeks Black-tailed Skimmers have around the reservoir in fairly good numbers and Marbled Whites, Ringlets and Large Skippers have all emerged. 

Today I managed to find a couple of Bee Orchids but I think the scrub is encrouching too much where they are and I doubt they'll persist too much longer. On the other hand there appears to be more Common Spotted and Pyramidal Orchids than usual, with several of each seen around the Borrow Pit.









No comments:

Post a Comment