Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Saturday 30 May 2015

30th May 2015

A cracking morning today! A bit chilly to start with but it soon warmed up. As I walked up the river side of the reservoir I saw a family of Mute Swans, I have no idea where they nested though as the nest is normally very obvious but I haven't seen one anywhere. In the woodland there was a family of recently fledged Goldcrests too which is lovely to see and the Blue Tits are busy feeding up their hungry chicks.




I spent most of my time in the Upper Cherwell Valley looking for Damselflies. I managed to find more Common Blue Damselflies today, along with a few Blue-tailed Damselflies and Banded Demoiselles. There are also a couple of Common Blue Butterflies out now.






Whilst up there I saw there are now six adult Coots at the Borrow Pit Pool but unfortunately only five chicks now. Hopefully the other nest will fledge soon and there are not too many more losses. I also managed to confirm a Reed Bunting nest location with both the male and female bring food back to the nest. A pair of Lesser Whitethroats were also behaving like a pair settled down to nest.



No comments:

Post a Comment