Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 4 October 2015

04th Oct 2015

Just a quick visit mid morning for me today. As I walked up the river there were a few Chaffinches around and a few more calling and I realised that there has been an increase in those over the last week or so. A couple of Chiffchaffs and Siskins were also in the area. Five Great Crested Grebes were on the reservoir again and it would be really interesting to see if those are the same birds as in the week or new ones.

In the wood there was a small party of Long-tailed Tits feeding high in the Alders that had at least three Chiffchaffs with them. Some more Siskins flew over calling but I didn't see them. Another really fresh Otter spraint was under the railway bridge and must have been less than 24 hours old. I found a Willow Tit in the middle of the wood and as I was watching it another popped up behind it. It's very nice to know there are two around again. Clive joined me after walking up the Cherwell Valley. He had not seen too much up there but did mention a Snipe that he an Jim had seen recently. We were talking about the passage of Meadow Pipits and Skylarks and just at that moment three Skylarks flew over calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment