Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Monday 12 October 2015

12th Oct 2015

This morning I felt the need to go out and find something other than gulls, but it was hard work and in all honesty I trudged the paths without much enthusiasm. Maybe my expectations of an eastern vagrant were just too high, but there was really very little of any interest!

A Chiffchaff was in the willows just past the entrance and later another or the same bird in a hawthorn along the western bank. There were six Great Crested Grebes this morning but not much more on the reservoir. I stopped to search through a group of thrushes in the large hedge through the cattle field where I found a Redwing along with a few Song Thrushes and several Blackbirds. I was glad to finally see a Redwing as I had heard a few flying over at night but up until now I hadn't actually seen one yet this autumn. There wasn't much on the move today but a single Skylark did go over south.

No comments:

Post a Comment