Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Thursday 24 December 2015

24th Dec 2015

I was out for a late afternoon visit today. I met Mark in the car park and we walked and talked and had a catch up.

There were four Goosanders today (1 drake) and a few gulls gathering but not much else. We went through to the back of the wood to listen for Willow Tits, but they were not apparent. A Kingfisher did shoot across the river and a Roe Deer skulked around the far bank, but it was also quite quiet here.

I continued up the Upper Cherwell Valley to see what was around, surprised by how light it was. A couple of Snipe flew around and a Pheasant flushed from by the river, but there were none of the owls or woodcock I was really hoping for. The moon was putting on a fantastic show though.

Happy Christmas everyone, I hope it's a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment