Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Wednesday 4 May 2016

04th May 2016

Early morning Ian was out and had two Garden Warblers singing along the river and two Common Sandpipers at the reservoir. The Garden Warblers were still singing when I got there and they seem like they are on territory already. Not long after Ian left two Common Terns dropped in and circled round a few times (c.07:10) but were not still there when John walked up. John confirmed the Grey Wagtails now have chicks and we could see three beaks begging for food.

Courtesy and copyright of JFT
I watched Whitethroats collecting nesting material and a male trying his best to impress a mate but she seemed more intent on basking in the morning sun.  In the wood I finally managed to locate the Sparrowhawk nest, which was actually quite obvious once I found it! there was not too much of note up the valley, except the numbers of Sedge Warblers that really seem to be in good numbers this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment