Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 22 May 2016

22nd May 2016: Nuthatch

During a quiet period for birds it was nice to add something new today. A Nuthatch was heard calling by Colin and I, it was over in the trees the other side of the water treatment works. This is a really good bird for the patch and only my second following one last summer. Otherwise the only things of note were a Reed Warbler singing along the river and that there were no Great Crested Grebes. It's quite odd not seeing any.

I spent a bit of time in the field between the wood and the M40 looking for damselflies. There were several each of Banded and Beautiful Demoiselles but no others yet.

Wolly Bear (Garden Tiger)
Golden-bloomed Grey Longhorn
Beautiful
Banded
Beautiful
Beautiful
Orangetip - male

No comments:

Post a Comment