Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Monday 6 June 2016

06th Jun 2016

Just a quick post as I'm playing catch up from my week away. There was not a lot of news from Grimsbury, but a few bits of interest are below.

29th May - Steve had a Red Kite over south. I wonder if it is the same bird that we had on the 28th?

30th May - Colin had a Common Sandpiper, Reed Warbler and two Sedge Warblers singing and Whitethroats feeding chicks.

04th June - Tony Crisp had the Channel Wagtail still by the Borrow Pit pool. It will be very interesting to see if this bird has paired up with a female and breeds successfully.


There seems to be a few Lesser Black-backs in the area with sporadic sightings at the reservoir. Most are immature birds but some are adults. They may just be non breeding individuals but I have been wondering if they might breed somewhere in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment