Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 4 December 2016

04th Dec 2016

There was a little bit more variety this week. Two drake Goosanders were seen by John on Tuesday and one by Steve today. The Greylag Goose has been seen a few times, so it obviously decided to stay around a while. A Tufted Duck was on the reservoir and a Marsh Tit was in the wood yesterday. I did see a second bird that may have been the Willow Tit but it was only seen briefly and didn't call. Edit: Today Colin saw two Willow Tits along the southern edge of the wood.

Up the valley yesterday there were lots of gulls gathered and I saw five Herring Gulls. Today Steve saw four Herring Gulls and an adult Yellow-legged Gull amongst c.300 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, which (assuming it was the same bird) I saw later at the reservoir along with fourteen Herring Gulls. That is a really good number for here and certainly the most I've ever seen here.



No comments:

Post a Comment