Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Thursday 29 December 2016

29th Dec 2016

I had a good walk around today in the absolutely stunning winter weather. There was not much at the reservoir until I was leaving and four Goosander (three drakes) flew in. In the wood there was a Willow and a March Tit and I had an amazing view of male Sparrowhawk hunting. Kirsty saw a Mink along the canal and I saw a Fox by the river, which seemed to be eyeing up the four cygnets in a hole in the ice.

At the Borrow Pit pool there was an adult Yellow-legged Gull. Further out of patch area there were far fewer gulls than recent days. There was probably only 200 large gulls and I couldn't find anything else of note amongst them.

Mike was out later in the afternoon and said there were more gulls around again, but none went to the reservoir at dusk. There was a Snipe in the cattle field though.





No comments:

Post a Comment