Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Wednesday 22 March 2017

22nd Mar 2017: Knot

Ian was out early this morning and saw another Redshank briefly before it flew out north. He also saw a single Sand Martin and two Little Ringed Plovers. A little later John confirmed the three plovers were all present.

Ian went back later and struck absolute patch gold in the form of a Knot. He first saw it at 11:10 and stayed all day. At least nine other people managed to see it and it was a patch and B.O.S. area tick for nearly everyone. As far as I know there has been two previous records at the reservoir, one in 1976 and one I need to confirm I think was in the late 90s.


Courtesy and copyright of JFT

Courtesy and copyright of JFT

No comments:

Post a Comment