Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 21 April 2017

21st Apr 2017

This morning I was awake and out early. I was a little surprised, given the conditions, that there were a few new birds in. A Wheatear was around the reservoir briefly, but soon flushed and disappeared and there was Whitethroat was in a bramble patch along the western bank next to the path. There was a steady trickle of hirundines going through, mostly Sand Martins but there was also the odd Swallow. I was pleased to see a female Bullfinch carrying nest material near the entrance to the wood too. It is a species we assume breeds here but it is the first time I have seen any evidence of nesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment