Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 2 April 2017

2nd Apr 2017: Redpoll

Clive and Jim were out this morning and had a Swallow with Sand Martins passing through north. I was out a bit later and saw the Sparrowhawks displaying over the wood and some very high soaring Buzzards mid morning. In the wood the Willow Tit (possibly two) and Marsh Tits were busy feeding around the large willows east of the wood and the other side of the river. A Lesser Redpoll flew over calling as I watched them, the first one of the year as there were none over the winter period.

No comments:

Post a Comment