Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Tuesday 1 January 2019

1st Jan 2019: Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! Let's hope it's another good one.

I was out reasonably early today to make a start on the year list. Admittedly, not as early I planned to be though! I didn't see a huge amount of interest with my highlights being a Marsh Tit in the woodland and  17 Lapwings flying over the Upper Cherwell Valley. I did manage to tick off most of the common stuff though.

I bumped into Colin and Steve for a quick catch up and as Steve and I left we had a single Siskin along the river. Colin managed to find a few more bit's after we left. Including Chiffchaff in scrub along the river in the U.C.V. and two Snipe and a female Stonechat in the wet field in the U.C.V. Also, he added a Red Kite to the year list by scanning and seeing one drifting over the western end of town.

Not a bad start at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment