Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 15 January 2016

15th Jan 2016: Barn Owl and Teal

Yesterday I managed a quick afternoon walk but the only bird of note was a single redhead Goosander. Today John and I were out early morning and again the only bird of note was a single Goosander.

There were 54 Common Gulls at the reservoir as I walked past this afternoon. Walking up into the Upper Cherwell Valley proved more productive though. My aim was to see if there were any owls around and I was fortunate to catch a glimpse of a Barn Owl as it cruised by in the twilight. Also seen were five Teal, a Green Sandpiper that assume is the same one Mike saw at the weekend and a few Common Snipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment