Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Thursday 18 February 2016

17th & 18th Feb 2016

John Friendship-Taylor: Wednesday 17th was almost a complete washout, however I managed a quick visit somehow dodging the worst of the rain. The one thing of note was a female Goosander was at the far north end of the reservoir having a preen.

Today (18th) was once again a bright sunny day and following the previous day's heavy rain, birds were unsurprisingly active. A quick visit before work yielded a flock of 17 Lapwing circling the reservoir, while a couple of Mute Swans flew through. I returned again during my lunchbreak and enjoyed the whole Rook colony hammering a passing Buzzard. There were 7 Great Crested Grebe today, most now sporting pretty advanced bredding plumage now.




No comments:

Post a Comment