Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Tuesday 23 February 2016

23rd Feb 2016: Shoveler and Goldies

A had to make a lot of effort to go out early this morning and I very nearly didn't but I'm glad I did. Two new birds for the year list were in the form of two drake Shovelers and a flock of c.75 Golden Plovers flying around to the north west. Along with a supporting cast of Willow Tit, Goosander, a pair of Tufted Ducks, four Grey Wagtails and at least three singing Treecreepers it was a very pleasant walk.

Both photos courtesy and copyright of JFT

John had four Herring Gulls again at lunch time today but there was nothing different in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment