Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Saturday 20 February 2016

20th Feb 2016

Back from my travels this week I was keen to get out early on the patch and see what I had been missing out on, but unfortunately it wasn't a lot. It was the first time I had managed to get up into the Cherwell Valley for a couple of weeks too, so that did add some further interest.

The reservoir was particularly quiet with only a single redhead Goosander of note that was present on my way out, so must have come in at some point while I was up the valley. At the back of the wood there was a flock of c.30 Siskins feeding in the Alders by the river. I had a really good look through them for redpolls but couldn't find any. I did see a Willow Tit briefly foraging high in the trees though.

Walking up into the river valley Reed Buntings were singing and a few Meadow Pipits flitted along overhead. Scanning the rough field the other side of the river I watched a Fox that was stalking something and then sat out in the open for a short while and a Roe Deer was foraging at the far end. A few Herring Gulls drifted over and a Buzzard perched up in a tall Oak to survey the land. A Little Grebe was on the Borrow Pit pool and three Teal flew along the river. All in all a reasonable mix of birds but nothing too exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment