Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 6 March 2016

06th Mar 2016

A rather quiet weekend to finish off a rather quiet week.

Sat 5th: I had very little of note at the reservoir or in the wood but there was several Common Gulls and a Herring Gull. In the Upper Cherwell Valley there was a Little Grebe, a Coot and three Tufted Ducks at the Borrow Pit pool.

Today I had a Chiffchaff along the river and I assume it was the same one Mark had this afternoon. I finally had Lesser Redpoll along the river too. A Willow Tit showed pretty well in the wood but could disappear into the trees for short periods of time. A Linnet was singing along the canal as I walked into the valley and a Kestrel flushed out c.15 Meadow Pipits. Mark had a Goosander at the reservoir this afternoon and five Snipe in the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment