Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Wednesday 23 March 2016

23rd Mar 2016: Rock Pipit

I was out early this morning and the only birds of any note were three Tufted Ducks at the reservoir and a further eight at the Borrow Pit pool. This is a really good number for here and I assume they are on passage at the moment. I met up with John and while only a couple of Meadow Pipits and a few Lesser Black-backs went over north we mused about what the next migrant to turn up would be.

We didn't have to wait long as John found a Rock Pipit at lunch time. I of course am happy for him but did swear a little bit as it is my patch bogey bird! It was still present at about 16:30 seen by Mark Ribbons, when there was also four Grey Wagtails around but John didn't see it again later during a quick look after 17:00. There was another, or possibly the same, Little Ringed Plover though.

Both photos courtesy and copyright of JFT

No comments:

Post a Comment