Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 18 March 2016

18th Mar 2016

Well, only yesterday I mentioned the first migrant Chiffchaffs arriving and we seem to have had some today. This morning I had a bird singing on the western side of the reservoir and at lunchtime John had 2-3 along there.

Other than that there was a Willow Tit in the wood, drake Goosander along the river early morning and then back at the reservoir late afternoon, a Skylark over north (new for the year) and noticeably more Pied Wagtails around. Redwings are very vocal at the moment and can be heard singing away quietly from the scrub and trees. I also had a ringed Mute Swan - Z25, which I think is from one of the northern English counties.

Following my early morning visit I got home at about 08:20, just as Michael Hunt had two Common Cranes go over the M40 at junction 11!! I may not have been able to see them from the patch, but if I had stayed 15 mins more I may have done...

No comments:

Post a Comment