Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 5 August 2016

05th Aug 2016

On Monday Adrian and Sandra Bletchly had two juvenile Little Grebes at the Borrow Pit pool in the Upper Cherwell Valley. I was a little unsure if it was meant they were hatched here as John also had one at the reservoir later in the week but this was an older individual that was obviously this years young but was not hatched here. However, Colin confirmed a brood of four today. This is good news for this little pool and what the area might become.

Grebe pics courtesy and copyright of Colin

I was sure someone had emailed me to say they had seen a Common Sandpiper this week, but I can't find the email now so I may have made that up! There has been individual Yellow-legged Gulls on a few evenings and we had a juvenile on Thursday. John and I believe this is the first juvenile we have had here. Otherwise it has been fairly quiet, with just a ringed Mute Swan of minor note.





No comments:

Post a Comment