Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 18 October 2019

18th Oct 2019: October so far

So far this month there’s been a steady passage of Meadow Pipits and most days several Skylarks over. Not many highlights but a few notable bits and bobs.

On the 1st I had my first Redwing of the autumn, calling on it's decent into the trees just east of the river. Also a Common Sandpiper still and a Little Grebe along the river.

On the evening of the 04th 15 Greylag Geese dropped in. Not a rare bird by any stretch but a good number for here. A Peregrine also went over.

On the 05th John popped in and found a Mandarin and had a Siskin over.

On the 06th Dylan was up at the Borrow Pit and recorded 1 Wigeon, 5 Teal and 14 Tuftied Ducks.

On the 09th I had a couple of Siskin and a Peregrine over. 

On the 12th I had 2 Swallow over in the morning and John also had 2 Swallow in the evening.

On the 14th I had a Yellowhammer go over.

Photos courtesy and copyright of JFT



No comments:

Post a Comment