Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Wednesday 23 October 2019

23rd Oct 2019: Woodcock

On the reservoir there was an unusually high number of waterbirds today, nothing terribly interesting but notable numbers for here. I counted 422 Canada Geese (which may be a record count for here) and one Greylag Goose and in amongst them were two Coot, a Little Grebe and a Tufted Duck.

In the woodland the Marsh Tit was around, which has been present and quite vocal for several weeks, but I failed to find any Chiffchaffs amongst the tit flock and I assume most have now moved on. Along the path near the canal, as I approached the end of the path near the cattle field end, a Woodcock flushed from the nettles about 1 m from the path! This is a good bird for here and only my second sighting on patch after seeing two fly over on a snowy day nearly 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment