Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 5 February 2017

05th Feb 2017

Steve and Colin were out this morning and had a Lapwing at the reservoir and a flock of nineteen flying over. They also had five Siskin fly over. At the Borrow Pit there were three Wigeon, a Coot and a Snipe.

I headed out late afternoon. There were hundreds of large gulls in the valley and I think there was a 4CY Yellow-legged Gull and an adult Caspian Gull, but they were too far away to get good enough views to confirm. There was a flock of thirty-six Lapwing and I heard some Teal from further up the river but didn't see them. In the gloom I could hear Snipe calling, and assuming each call was a new bird there were at least nine. My two target birds, Pintail and Barn Owl, eluded me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment