Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 7 August 2022

7th Aug 2022: Willow Emerald Damselfly!

On Monday Mike Prentice had a Purple Hairstreak along the river and Clive had 2 later in the afternoon. Mike Pollard had 2 Yellow-legged Gulls at the Borrow Pit pool on Tuesday. 

Yesterday there was a Med Gull again, a Yellow-legged Gull, 2 Kingfishers and I could hear a Raven nearby but couldn't see it. The main news though was a female Willow Emerald Damselfly along the river, just north of the railway bridge. This is the first one I've ever seen and the first record for the reservoir and this area of the county. I also saw a Grass Snake, Southern Hawker and several Common and Ruddy Darters.





No comments:

Post a Comment