Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 23 January 2015

23rd Jan 2015: Frozen over

I only made a quick visit this morning before work just in case any of yesterday's ducks were still around, or even if more had moved in. The reservoir was almost completely frozen over though, with the only open areas in the middle where two Mute Swans were keeping it ice free and bits of the north eastern end where it was more sheltered.

There was only one each of Great Crested Grebe and Canada Goose and I expect there to be no other ducks until it thaws. The gulls were loafing around on the ice instead and there were seven Common Gulls.

So overall not a lot to see today, however I did see a Collared Dove which is new for the year list.


No comments:

Post a Comment