Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Wednesday 1 April 2015

01st Apr 2015: First Swallows

Birding the morning in the relatively light and calm conditions compared to the last few days. Although the wind was still cool and  it is not coming from the ideal direction to bring spring migrants in, some are making their way through.

This morning two Shelduck were on the reservoir but departed north as I left. A small number of Meadow Pipits and a flock of nine Fieldfares went over north. The next two birds I spotted going over were two Swallows, always lovely to see! They turned back and were still feeding over the reservoir when I left but I expect they will move on before the day is over.

Lunchtime update - John Friendship-Taylor reports at least six Swallows and two Sand Martins (and three Swallows still present late pm). 


Courtesy and copyright of John Friendship-Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment