Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Tuesday 14 April 2015

14th Apr 2015: Sedge Warbler and Yellow Wagtails

This morning I had high hopes of fining a Sedge Warbler, in fact I had exchanged a few messages with John about it the night before. So along the river I was very happy to hear the scratchy notes of a Sedge Warbler singing away.

It had obviously been a good night for birds to migrate over as there was also four Common Sandpipers busy feeding around the reservoir shore and a big flock of hirundines. The sandpipers were moving around together as one little flock if disturbed. It is hard to get a accurate count of hirundines but I estimated sixty Sand Martins and saw one House Martin and there were several Swallows.

Later in the day John visited and reported there were five Common Sandpipers. He also had two Yellow Wagtails over the cattle field and another White Wagtail.

No comments:

Post a Comment