Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Monday 20 April 2015

A few recent images from Grimsbury

I promised Gareth I'd contribute to the blog in his absence this week so here I am! Spring migration has been a real stop, start affair so far and with such fine weather today and tomorrow, couple with NE winds, bird movement will probably be fairly limited for the time being. Fingers crossed for Gareth nothing too unusual drops in while he's away!

This evening, there were 3 Little Ringed Plover again in residence, together with a lone Common Sandpiper. Blackcaps really have now arrived in force. I saw with at least 3 courting a female in a single bush this evening. Competition appears fierce in the world of a Blackcap!

In the meantime, here are a few of my images from the last few days at Grimsbury:

John F.-T.


White Wagtail

Common Sandpiper

Wheatear

Wheatears

Sedge Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment