Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Monday 13 April 2015

13th Apr 2015: Common Tern

It was very foggy this morning and the only thing of note I detected was four Willow Warblers singing. Annoyingly it seemed to clear up soon after I left. Steve Holliday had a Swallow go through north this afternoon and there were five Great Crested Grebes (I could only see two in the fog!).

However, it was the evening when the birds were putting on a show today. John Friendship-Taylor had a Common Tern briefly. Which is new for the year and the 90th species to make it onto the year list. That is a fantastic number so early in the year, so I really hope it continues!

Courtesy and copyright of JFT
He also saw a White Wagtail and four Little Ringed Plovers again this evening. One of the plovers is ringed but it is impossible to get any details from it.

Courtesy and copyright of JFT
Courtesy and copyright of JFT

No comments:

Post a Comment