Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 16 August 2015

16th Aug 2015

I called in this evening, mainly in the hope of there being gulls around but also to see if there was anything else around. A few gulls were gathering but the vast majority were going to settle on the roof of the new warehouse buildings to the north. John noticed this behaviour the other week but there was more movement between the two sites then.

During the time I was there Chiffchaffs were calling away and I heard a Kingfisher along the river again. There was a Wheatear along the western bank, which was occasionally quite confiding but by that time it was far too dark for photos. Around five Swifts were present at dusk and seemed to fly straight through south, but they could be local birds still in the area. A visiting birder had seen a Common Tern earlier but that had gone before I was there.


No comments:

Post a Comment