Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Saturday 21 November 2015

21st Nov 2015

I was out twice today with high optimism that something of interest would be around. It was a cold day and very windy to start with, but pleasant. Unfortunately the birding was not what I was anticipating, though I'm sure we are due something good again soon.

A Greylag Goose was in with the Canada Geese at the reservoir and several Siskins were buzzing around the tree tops. The wood, where I thought there would be birds sheltering from the wind, was actually very quiet.




Up in the river valley there was a few bits of interest. A Snipe flushed from the wet scrape near the Borrow Pit pool, a Stonechat was in the scrubby area by the river and two small flocks of Lapwings flew over (seven and eighteen). Little groups of thrushes and Wood Pigeons were on the move but no big flocks. A Lesser Redpoll was still in the area and there were 26 Cormorants roosting in the trees late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment