Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Thursday 11 February 2016

11th Feb 2016: Shelduck

A lunch time walk for John and I turned out to be quite productive today. Soon after we got there we spotted two Shelduck but they didn't stay long before they flew off west. We also had a redhead Goosander, a Willow Tit by the river just before the wood and John had a Chiffchaff along the river. I couldn't find much in the wood but as I walked back a lot of gulls were dropping in to bath, including around 15 Common Gulls.

Courtesy and copyright of JFT
As there were few gulls around today John went for another look after work and the ringed Black-headed Gull, VK40, was here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment