Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Monday 28 March 2016

28th Mar 2016: House Martins

I ventured out this morning thinking Storm Katie might have delivered something interesting, but it didn't so I swiftly returned home for breakfast. Early afternoon John, Dan and I went for a walk around. John picked out two House Martins in amongst several Sand Martins and we had a few Swallows. It is very nice to have seen all the expected hirundines already. We had really good views of a Peregrine soaring around high above the reservoir. We scoured the area for the Stonechat seen yesterday but unfortunately didn't find it.

We saw our first Small Tortoiseshell butterflies of the year too but there wasn't much else of note around at all to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment