Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Saturday 30 July 2016

30th July 2016

A fairly quiet end to the month really. I had a walk around on Friday mid-morning and the best I could find was a pair of Gadwalls in amongst the Mallards. A large white headed gull flew over that was either a Herring or Yellow-legged Gull but I didn't get enough detail to confirm species. In the evening John had a juvenile Common Gull.



Today Steve walked around reservoir and on to the Borrow Pit pool. On reservoir the gull numbers are picking up with lots of Black-headed Gull, eight Lesser Black-backs and the re was a 1st summer 
Common Gull with them.  There was also 1 Common Tern.

No comments:

Post a Comment