Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 5 April 2020

5th Apr 2020: Common Tern and Swallows

A bit of migration action today. When I got to the reservoir at 7 there was a Little Ringed Plover but it soon flew off NE. A (or the) Common Sandpiper was still present but had disappeared by 8:30, while I was up at the Borrow Pit pool where the drake Pochard was still present. A single Sand Martin also flew through.

Back at the reservoir 17 Fieldfare went over west, which I thought was an odd direction to be going. I was also watching large gulls fly through that included a few Herring Gulls, when a Common Tern called and I saw it flying straight towards me at the northern end. It doubled back and flew around the bottom end, but unfortunately I got distracted by the gulls again and when I looked back for the tern it had gone!

Later in the afternoon Mark had c.20 Sand Martins and several Swallows at the reservoir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment