Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Sunday 7 November 2021

7th Nov 2021

Wednesday morning John and I were out. I had my first Fieldfares of the autumn with a group of 5 over and later we had another probable 3 (but they were a bit too far to be certain) and a good few hundred Woodpigeons over. We also had a few groups of Redwings, at least 4 Redpolls (a group of 3 and a 1), 3 Ravens over and another Yellowhammer over. John also had 28+ Stock Doves in the cattle field which is a really big count for here.

Courtesy and copyright of JFT

On Friday evening Mike Pollard had a Wigeon at the Borrow Pit pool.

Yesterday morning John had a Yellow-legged Gull at the resevoir. He also had 11 Fieldfares, 250+ Redwings, a Redpoll and another Yellowhammer over. 

This morning I had a Brambling over (now at least four this autumn!), a Stonechat in the 'plantation' field and a Yellow-legged Gull at the Borrow Pit pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment