Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Friday 13 March 2015

13th Mar 2015: Red-crested Pochard

A brief walk round for me this afternoon produced a cracking drake Red-crested Pochard, the Goosander and eleven Great Crested Grebes. The Red-crested Pochard is, of course. another species new for the year and I believe it is the third record for the reservoir. It was still present late afternoon (several observers).




Some other sightings came in this afternoon from Mark Ribbons, Alison Parry and Allan Jones:

Chiffchaff, two Kingfishers, Green and Great Spotted Woodpeckers (up to three) and five Herring Gulls.

Thank you


I found a Vanguard binocular lens cover by the river today. If anyone has lost one please get in touch and I will arrange getting it back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment