Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Monday 16 March 2015

16th Mar 2015: Departing Redwings

Just a quick walk around the reservoir for me early this morning. It was my last chance to visit the patch for a week so any updates whilst I'm away would be appreciated and I will get them onto the blog as soon as I can.

There was little of note today. The lone Goosander duck was present and there was a metal ringed Black-headed Gull, but I couldn't read the details. There was a decent number of Redwings around, much more than on recent visits. It is likely these are birds that were now moving back north. It was hard to get a number as they were mobile and mostly hidden in thick scrub but I estimated around 40. They were very vocal and a couple of birds were starting to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment