Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Tuesday 10 November 2015

10th Nov 2015

John and I were both out this morning but despite our efforts and there being good numbers of birds around, there was little in terms of quality. As John summed it up in a message to me 'slim pickings'.

There was a few Meadow Pipits around, a couple of small groups of Siskins and a couple of Common Gulls at the reservoir. A couple of Coal Tits in the wood. so it wasn't until I'd got to the Upper Cherwell Valley that I found anything of particular note.

There was the pair of Stonechats in the scrubby area by the river, which were close enough to photograph but I got my settings wrong for the dull light and were all a wasted effort. Three Little Grebes were on the Borrow Pit pool and a gathering of Lesser Black-backed Gulls loafing in the fields with three Herring Gulls amongst them. Whilst scanning through them a Snipe dropped into the vegetation by the river.


In the afternoon I went out to check the gull roost. despite large numbers of gulls there was only Black-headed and Lesser Black-backs as far as I could see. Of interest there were eight Yellow-legged Gulls and a Mediterranean Gull reported in the Boddington Reservoir roost today and I wonder how many of these birds are ones we have been seeing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment