Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Thursday 26 November 2015

26th Nov 2015: Goldeneye

As I walked up the path along the embankment to get a view over the water, one of the first things I saw was a medium sized white bird out in the centre. A quick look through the binoculars revealed a drake Goosander. As I scanned across I realised that there was actually two drakes and a third redhead had joined the existing two redheads. Scanning further up I could see two smaller diving ducks, a Tufted Duck and a Goldeneye. Goldeneye is just about an annual bird here and is a new one for the year list.



I had a look around the wood and up in the valley too, but there wasn't much more of interest. the best bits being a flock of c.30 finches, mostly Goldfinch and some Siskins, and four Little Grebes on the Borrow Pit pool.

Walking back down past the reservoir a third drake Goosander flew in to join the others. Six is the highest number I have seen here I think, matching the biggest total from earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment